- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading fashion PR agency located in New York City. They are currently seeking a Women’s Account Director to manage leading multiple women’s apparel accounts. The candidate should be not only knowledgeable in regards to the fashion industry but highly passionate about the apparel and accessories space in general. This position reports directly to a VP and will also include the supervising, developing, coaching and mentoring of a dynamic team. The Account Director should be prepared to act as a team innovator and delegator. This role will really allow the candidate to tap into their creative forces and take ownership of both existing and new initiatives within the women’s division.
- Secure strategic press coverage [features as well as product placement] in top national, regional and online media outlets
- Maintain strong relationships with Fashion/Accessories Directors, key fashion and accessory editors, relevant stylists and bloggers
- Create innovative communications strategies each seasonal for large national brands -Maximize and create social media campaigns
- Conceptualize and execute press events
- Manage press events including event budgets
- Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding/recruit brand ambassadors
- Attend key industry events -Accompany clients and editors on press trips [international and domestic]
- Work with the agencies’ LA-based celebrity office for relevant clients.
- Minimum 8-years of PR agency experience working on fashion and/or accessories accounts.
- Superior knowledge of fashion/consumer media practices, as well a phenomenal track record in garnering top tier coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums.
- Solid understanding of fashion trends and market.
- Candidate MUST have experience in press event planning with big brand/big budget experience a plus.
- Candidate is responsible for creation, maintenance and timely distribution of editorial reports, press clippings and budgetary tracking documents.
- Experience in supervising/mentoring junior staff is required.
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues.
- Must have high level of interest and proficiency in New Media landscape, and experience with outlets including blogs, communities and networks.
- Bachelors degree – ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field.
- Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Photoshop, Excel, Word, and social media networks
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with a consistent CAN DO attitude
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.