- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a European ready to wear, accessories and footwear luxury fashion brand based in New York City. They are looking for a Vice President of Wholesale who will be responsible for the overall development of the wholesale business. This includes negotiating space and commercial agreements with wholesale accounts, meeting sales budgets and maintaining a high quality brand image through effective leadership and management of wholesale business operations.
- Work closely with the President to identify growth opportunities to expand the wholesale business in luxury department stores and specialty businesses.
- Negotiate agreements with wholesale department stores for optimal sell-thru and space location.
- Responsible for monitoring, building and maintaining sales, budgets, costs and overhead for the company’s wholesale business.
- Responsible for examining the overall numbers, market trends and sales figures to strategize and develop an ongoing corporate plan to enhance and maintain the business.
- Responsible for reviewing past seasonal performances by account with the wholesale team to determine future budgetary plans and contribute to strategic decisions and future budgets.
- Maintain and increase wholesale business by servicing existing clients, and developing new contacts to expand the network.
- Communicate closely with the retail management team to remain consistent in terms of locations, price, promotions and discounts.
- Oversee visual merchandising for wholesale accounts to ensure the product presentation and displays in all points of sale are to Celine standards.
- Stay up to date on current trends and practices to share with the Paris team, providing regular feedback on the product to ensure that the needs of the US market are met.
- Inform wholesale accounts of all advertising, special events and public relations activities that may impact their business.
- Provide leadership to wholesale accounts and specialty boutiques by providing clear vision and objectives, coaching, advising, training and development
- Accountable for planning, organizing and executing seasonal markets in New York, Paris and Milan.
- Oversee shipping to ensure timely deliveries for merchandise to wholesale network.
- Relevant sales experience as a leader in woman’s wholesale and retail luxury sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Must have a good product and fashion awareness
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and get along well with diverse personalities.
- Established relationships with senior department store merchants
- Act as brand ambassador at all times with the ability to manage and mentor a team.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.