- New York City
- Job Information
Our client has created an integrated approach to the well-balanced life – from personal training to group fitness to rejuvenating wellness treatments. The company continues to grow into new markets while integrating new brands into the fold. The company is currently looking to hire an experienced Vice President of Public Relations, this is a highly strategic role and the VP of PR will set in place the PR strategy for the company on a global level, creating market level strategy and working closely with and overseeing national and regional agency relationships.
The VP of PR will be a key information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights, and will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies, with the goal of gaining further recognition in the market. The worlds of PR and Social Media have converged, and our client believes the opportunity to connect with influencers, prospects and members is significant. As a result, the VP of Public Relations will be responsible for owning the drive behind social and digital influencers.
The VP of PR will consult with marketing, sales, legal, and human resources in order to project the corporate message to both external and internal mediums. He or she will interface with agency relationships and act as the corporate spokesperson to the media, analysts and the general public at large.
- Create the global PR strategy and work closely with regional leaders and agencies to adapt to local market strategies
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop creative and integrated programs
- Key liaison for the external professional/media world. This position plays a key role in developing and maintaining the company’s relationships with external parties
- Develop and execute PR launch strategy to support opening of new clubs
- Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights
- Establish processes to generate steady volume of press releases and promote within the appropriate channels
- Work with marketing writers and PR agency to develop, solicit and place contributed articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions
- Maintain strong relationships with top tier lifestyle and fitness editors, bloggers and influencers to pitch key storylines
- Arrange, facilitate and manage media and analyst briefings with key company spokespeople
- Seeks appropriate conferences, speaking engagements, seminars; acts as a liaison between executives and marketing team during speaking engagements
- Educate industry analysts on our value proposition
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Communications, Marketing, English or Journalism
- 15+ year’s strong public relations experience encompassing both agency and in-house experience
- Experience working with clients in the fashion, retail, luxury or entertainment space
- Substantial social media experience
- Experience executing PR programs that target both editors and bloggers/social influencers
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events
- Strong journalistic writing skills
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Experience working with industry analysts to facilitate briefings and educational events
- A personal passion for fitness and maximizing the potential within one self
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.