- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an elite and independently owned NYC PR Agency specializing in globally recognized and renowned beauty, lifestyle, and fashion brands. The agency is currently seeking a seasoned PR professional, who has a background in multi-cultural PR and able to speak the Spanish language. The successful candidate should have 6-10 years of PR experience, with a focus in multi-cultural and Hispanic focused communications. He or she will be focusing primarily on leading beauty accounts for the agency, but will also be responsible or helping to grow the multi-cultural division as a whole. He or she must possess strong media contacts and substantial experience overseeing multi-cultural strategy, planning and execution for beauty brands.
In helping to grow this division, the candidate will be responsible for client facing, new business pitching, obtaining of new clients, and overall networking duties in order to spread the word of the agency’s growing capabilities in this field. This is a really great opportunity for someone who is looking to be at the forefront of a growing and innovative division.
- Candidate will be responsible for securing media placements for the brands
- Attending new business meetings and helping to secure new clients
- Entertaining both clients and members of the media
- Candidate will be responsible for the supervising and mentoring of junior staff members
- Creating and managing of budgets and strategic initiatives
- Candidate will be responsible for successfully managing client relations and expectations
- Position is responsible for media relations within all genres (including print, broadcast and online outlets) as well as event planning (including press previews, media interviews, special events, etc.)
- Approximately 8-10 years of public relations experience is required, with prior experience working in the beauty category being a definite plus.
- Substantial multi-cultural experience is required
- Experience working with both small and large scale budgets and launches
- Ability to garner consistent media placements/coverage
- Well established relationships with beauty and multi-cultural focused editorial contacts
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- Should be proficient in Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Candidate should possess experience in press event planning
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.