- San Francisco
- Job Information
Our client is global brand that focuses on innovation in product design; developing premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts. They are looking for a Senior Designer for their Women’s Outerwear team in San Francisco. He or she will be accountable for designing innovative and technologically advanced products as well as driving company sales and profits.
- Responsible for the high-quality execution of designs for a product category.
- Work directly with the Product Director to give input on line and product direction.
- Creation and execution of individual high quality designs and collections appropriate to product and design brief.
- Responsible for the design schedule to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Research industry and product periodicals for new information.
- Partner with material sourcing to develop innovative fabrications.
- Create and communicate visual presentations.
- Partner with developers to create innovative and technologically advanced products.
- Responsible for proof of concept work by design team and defining product appropriate fit.
- Present well-defined ideas and concepts as necessary to internal staff, dealers and outside agents.
- Manage, schedule and facilitate the performance of category design staff.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience designing high performance technology apparel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design is preferred.
- Experience in flat sketching expertise.
- Hands-on experience with CAD software and in the creation of design packages and execution of product designs.
- Experience in designing successful products and collections
- Experience in management, research and analysis and design cycles.
- Strong knowledge of formulating color palette and understanding of apparel construction
- Excellent communications and influential skills.
- Strong knowledge of product cycles, product design and development process.
- A solid understanding of designing for market, trendand end users
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes is required
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.