- Los Angeles
- Job Information
Our client is a creative advertising agency with a portfolio of fashion and beauty clients. It is currently looking for a Senior Account Planner to join its Los Angeles office. The Senior Account Planner will work closely with the account team to develop brand positioning and creative strategy for a range of beauty related accounts. He or she will use their business acumen and knowledge of consumer behavior to generate ideas that will build brand cohesion. The Senior Account Planner will be well versed in all forms of planning research methodologies and digital communications.
- Lead strategic planning discipline in a way consistent with the agency’s goal of bringing a strong analytical foundation to uncover fresh and innovative insights/business opportunities
- Partner with creative and account management peers to develop engaging ideas at all points of customer contact.
- Create close contact with global planning counterparts to be abreast of planning initiatives.
- Orchestrate all brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity for all accounts within the agency. Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in an efficient and timely manner. Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business.
- Support new business activity when required.
- Collaborate with senior clients and give them deeper insights into the dynamics of their business through the development of disciplined and thorough marketing, competitive and consumer analyses.
- Continue to develop and implement standardized strategic planning tools to foster consistency over time and across projects. Oversee and complete all administrative responsibilities required for department heads by the agency.
- Analyzing market data and research findings in order to develop insights into the category, brand, and consumer
- Research, analyze and present cultural and social trends that affect the marketplace in North America.
- Research consumer trends including consumer psychology and behavior, brand sales history, competitive sales and customer information and consumer demographics
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with research, planning and design teams to develop brand strategy in order to facilitate creative ideas
- Oversee the strategy of all client campaigns and projects, providing the creative team direction to ensure the marketing and creative work is on-strategy and on-brand
- Lead an integrated group of market insights, Multi-Agency team and brand planners in the delivery of all requirements to support the growth and development of all client business.
- Ensure strong collaborative relationship within the groups and externally with key agency and client partners to consistently elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to the client business.
- Actively grow the abilities and skill of team members through formal training programs, mentorship and hands on learning.
- Provide a department environment that fosters personal and professional growth for team members to encourage loyalty, openness of opinion and constant curiosity.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Prior CPG or beauty category experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities a must.
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.