- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading and innovative Public Relations Agency that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility of a small, fast-growth company. As an agency, they are comprised of a fully integrated team with shared experience in fashion, retail, luxury brands, mass brands, home design, events, media and entertainment. By partnering with their clients, they are able to position them to succeed in this new era. As an agency, they believe that their customers’ business results come first. Their team consists of a dynamic, creative, collaborative group of experienced specialists in women’s and men’s fashion, consumer goods, retail, home furnishings/interior design, beauty, hospitality/spirits and media. As a team they accomplish the extraordinary by working together to serve all of their client needs from brand strategy, marketing, media relations, events and promotions.
Our client is seeking someone who will enjoy working in a collaborative, creative atmosphere. As an agency they offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. The organizational culture inspires creativity in every employee. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. We are looking for a talented individual to fill the role of an Account Director who will lead one of their Consumer divisions. Ideal candidates will have 9+ years experience at a Public Relations Agency with large corporate brands. In this position, you will be the one who develops strategic public relations plans and media relations strategies; creates and oversees the execution of publicity campaigns; serves as a key contact with top clients; manages client expectations; builds new business; meets cost standards; enhances department and organization reputation.
- Superior writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to align press initiatives with business goals of brands/clients
- Ability to develop rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Experienced, strong pitcher (on phone and email) with existing relationships with consumer/lifestyle media, that effectively presents pitches to generate media coverage
- Defines the target market, analyzes the competition and uses positioning strategies to define a unique product identity
- Contributes and executes social media strategies and tactics
- Expert at maintaining ongoing relationships with members of top-tier media. World-class press/media experience with track record of successfully managing major PR campaigns
- Charismatic leader with proven track record of inspiring and motivating teams to achieve extraordinary goals
- Takes initiative and pursues opportunities
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities with minimal direction
- B.A. and 9+ years PR agency experience working on publicity campaigns with top Consumer Packaged Goods/Lifestyle brands
- Prior management experience leading a team (s) of 5 or more individuals
- Previously established relationships with Consumer/lifestyle media
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.