- New York City
- Job Information
The Melanie Andersen Agency is a boutique executive search consultancy headquartered in New York City with offices in Los Angeles. We specialize in creative recruitment within the fashion, beauty, lifestyle, luxury and consumer industries. We place candidates into a wide range of disciplines including marketing, advertising, public relations, business development, sales, merchandising, e-commerce, product development, creative and more.
Due to our growing business, we are actively seeking a full-time Research Assistant to join our team. He/she will report to the Vice President and provide overall research support to the VP and team of executive search consultants. The Research Assistant will assist in the development of each search strategy, including compiling company target lists, accurately identifying candidate profiles based on skill set and necessary competencies as briefed, utilizing the agency’s internal database as well as conducting research through additional external and contracted resources. In addition, the Research Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the agency’s website and managing all responsibilities pertaining to social media. Excellent career opportunities exist for an ambitious individual.
- Support the Vice President and our team of consultants in all research functions in regards to identifying executive candidates for each search, well as identifying new business opportunities
- Assist in developing a comprehensive search strategy pertaining to new and existing roles
- Create company target lists as per each search brief and conduct targeted research utilizing our internal agency database
- Research utilizing LinkedIn as well as other various external resources
- Identify market trends and research information effectively through various channels.
- Actively maintain the agency’s website and social media presence, i.e. creating and posting job descriptions, updating company Facebook page, etc
- Responsible for maintaining and updating company database
- Light data entry responsibilities including updating candidate information and importing resumes
- Prepare retainer reports and other documents as well as occasional administrative and general office responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in a research or new business capacity
- Experience or interest within executive recruitment
- Experience working with internal databases
- Must have thorough knowledge of LinkedIn in regards to research
- Working knowledge of social media outlets
- Experience with Word Press is a plus
- Excellent computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be proactive and self-motivated
- Must have excellent attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal skills
- Must be able to multi task, work to a fast pace and under stress.
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times
To be considered please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.