- Greater New York
- Job Information
Our client is a true innovator and trailblazer within the bespoke interior design industry. The company is currently experiencing a tremendous amount of growth and is building out their technology team. In addition to their strong web presence, the company has 21 showrooms throughout the United States with plans to open an additional 30 new locations in the next year alone. The QA Lead position will report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for establishing a high-performance Quality Assurance team in support of the website, showroom and corporate applications, with an emphasis on automation. The company is committed to building an excellent team of technologists who will be able to collaborate and innovate as the firm grows. The current tech team members are ambitious and passionate; the environment is close-knit and fast paced. The company values doers over talkers and mentors over managers, and we are working with them to attract the best tech talent in the Tri State area.
- Work closely with the IT Product Management team and the Development teams across all phases of projects.
- Oversee quality assurance strategies, methodologies and metrics collection, with a heavy emphasis on automation, and take a hands-on approach to implement the strategy.
- Drive and reﬁne software quality assurance best practices to enhance testing capabilities.
- Identify process gaps, champion and lead initiatives to strengthen overall product quality.
- Design and develop automation scripts, preferably using Codeception, PHPUnit and Selenium, to test the various software applications.
- Analyze results from executed automation scripts and escalate problems to IT Product Management and the Development teams.
- Provide weekly testing and automation dashboard reports to IT Product Management and the Development teams.
- Review manual test cases for possible inclusion into automation scripts.
- Review bugs found during the quality testing process, and work collaboratively across IT to determine priorities for ﬁxes.
- Proactively engage with planning, design and development teams to promote prevention of defects early in project/development lifecycle.
- Accountable for the technology team’s successful delivery of technical solutions.
- Provide leadership to the QA team including hiring, developing, coaching, performance evaluations, and goal setting as the team grows in size.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Document all Quality Assurance activities in accordance with the company best practices.
- Create an environment fostering personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in software QA
- Quality Assurance automation and performance testing know-how
- Strong technical background
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software development methodologies – Agile/Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrated experience testing store, web, mobile and SaaS applications. Technologies include (but not limited to) LAMP, HTML, CSS, SQL, Codeception, PHPUnit, Selenium, Smarty, jQuery, Git, SASS, REST APIs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
- Knowledge of web and mobile automation technologies and tools
- Has established a metrics and data driven measurement structure to gauge team efﬁcacy and performance
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Sharp attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership capability
- Management experience – growing and managing a high quality QA team.
- Experience with distributed teams including offshore would be a plus.
- Experience implementing reporting strategies utilizing industry standard QA metrics
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.