- Santa Barbara, CA
- Job Information
Our client is a recently rebranded footwear brand based on the West Coast. We are helping them to identify a Public Relations Manager, who reporting into the Marketing Director will be responsible for shaping the external reputation of the brand through strategic media relations and forward thinking PR campaigns. The PR Manager will be responsible for developing the global media strategy, partnering with regions to tailor the strategy, and building goodwill among trade, consumer and emerging media communities. In addition, he or she will be responsible for handling strategic media relations, social platforms, publicity, internal and external communications, and trade events. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be at the forefront of a recently rebranded label that is being embraced by consumers.
- Collaborate with Global Brand Marketing team to ensure alignment of PR strategy with brand marketing objectives, ensuring a cohesive and integrated brand experience.
- Partner with the brands leadership team to align PR initiatives against brand and product strategies.
- Lead the creation and implementation of an integrated and globally relevant PR strategy that continues to elevate the brand.
- Partner with regions to identify regional insights to inform global PR campaigns and local PR programs.
- Ensure PR strategies are brand-right, consumer-focused, globally and commercially relevant, innovative and effective in driving brand awareness, engagement and loyalty with targeted media and consumers.
- Partner with marketing counterparts to translate PR initiatives across channels (social/event/retail/ecommerce/global regions) to drive customer traffic, build brand awareness and deliver a seamless brand experience for the consumer.
- Lead all PR initiatives and brief respective needs with internal team and external agencies (as needed) across creative, event, content, and digital extensions of PR plans.
- Prepare and implement overall PR plan for the brand, ensuring that it is in line with the marketing and communication strategy defined by the Marketing Director.
- Partner closely with the brands Digital Manager on Influencer outreach
- Manage relationships with PR agency and/or contractors and develop and distribute documentation of project information with internal and external groups.
- Provide analytics and measurement reports on the current status of the brands PR efforts and ongoing recommendations to influence future PR strategy.
- Determines appropriate metrics and KPI’s to monitor ongoing effectiveness of PR initiatives.
- Analyze data from key channels and markets to determine PR opportunities to help drive the business.
- Ensure proactive contact with the different media and influencers (print/TV/digital/blogs/celebrities) through regular interaction.
- Approve and provide feedback on to regional markets on PR strategy and execution to bring them in-line with global strategy and guidelines.
- Create the annual PR budget, with regular management and tracking for all PR activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of related PR experience
- Experience effectively driving strategic PR initiatives and results across a matrix organization, preferably with experience implementing across various global regions
- Experience successfully integrating PR initiatives across digital and social channels
- Footwear or apparel industry experience is preferred, with a strong understanding of current industry trends
- Strong media relations experience and established media contacts in fashion and business media preferred
- Highly effective leadership skills with the ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Global business knowledge with cross culture agility
- Must have excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to work effectively across all marketing and business disciplines
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing all duties of the position
- Ability to travel domestically
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.