- Job Information
Head of Retail – Contemporary Fashion Brand – Location Flexible
Our client is a contemporary lifestyle brand and is looking to hire a Head of Retail. Reporting directly to the President, this individual will be instrumental in evolving the brand and responsible for setting the direct to consumer strategy and overseeing the global rollout. He or she will be a key member of the leadership team, additionally this role has store P&L responsibility.
The Head of Retail is responsible for providing direction and leadership across an expanding portfolio of retail stores, which includes managing and training retail talent, being the champion of the service and selling culture at retail stores, driving initiatives that ensure the customer experience is best in class and being on the forefront of what is progressive in the retail space. Inherent in this assignment is the responsibility for meeting the articulated financial and strategic goals.
The Director of Retail will report to the President and direct reports include Store Operations, Store Managers and a dotted line from Finance. The Director of Retail will be expected to work closely with the Planning and Buying teams as well as the Vice President of Marketing.
- Develop, manage and execute a strategic plan for the retail business that balances short term needs with long term goals, and fulfills objectives of owners and ensures the brand’s equity is protected. Responsible for the Retail Division’s P&L
- Meet and exceed company sales plans and performance objectives by driving net sales and retail sales goals. Oversee business measurements: traffic, conversion, units per transaction; sales vs. plan, and gross margin. Ensure that the team is motivated and focused on achieving and exceeding them. Take corrective actions as needed
- Manage key financial aspects of the division, including payroll, budgets, expenses and inventory
- Collaborate with key cross-functional business partners to enhance brand innovation and address sales performance trends. Communicate product needs, customer feedback and aspirations, promotion performance, and overall customer experience to business partners and recommend specific improvements as necessary
- Develop a platform that will launch a consistent aesthetic, merchandise standards, service and selling culture throughout all stores in all regions
- Diagnose current operational/process issues in the stores. Create and implement a strategy that ensures the proper operational standards are in place to support profitable growth that sustains a competitive service, loyalty and brand position
- Lead Store Managers on new customer acquisition and development strategies, special events and marketing and advertising initiatives
- Oversee all stages of new store openings, both domestically and globally
- Develop a talent management strategy for the retail field team that ensures proper on-boarding, skills based training, in-depth product knowledge, service and selling focus and the development of bench strength
- Attract, train, motivate, and retain talent in the stores who exemplify the brand, will drive individual and store sales, and prove to be strong service ambassadors for all customers. As needed, upgrade talent that does not meet these standards
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization that are effective, transparent, and open for the purpose of achieving company-wide performance goals
- Significant retail experience and demonstrated success leading and growing a global omni-channel, multi-store retail organization
- An entrepreneurial, driven self-starter who can create a vision, communicates it to others with passion, and convinces others to follow and achieve results – a flexible leader who operates with low ego
- Strong financial acumen, sound decision-making and ability to think logically with a sense of priority
- A hands-on problem solver who thinks strategically but can roll up his/her sleeves and get into the details of the business
- Demonstrates an inherent passion for product with an exceptional taste level and knowledge of current relevant retail trends
- A personal passion for service, clienteling and selling, and has demonstrated success at institutionalizing such a customer-centric culture within a global retail brand
- Motivational management and leadership skills which demonstrate the ability to invoke enthusiasm, ensure effectiveness and foster loyalty. Adhere to well-developed ethical standards of professional behavior. A proven track record of aligning and building teams and leading in a way that exemplifies a brand’s vision
- Exhibit fastidious and meticulous attention to detail
- Global experience in women’s and men’s apparel a plus
- The candidate should exhibit a set of personal values that are consistent with the corporate culture; including personal integrity, trust, mutual respect and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.