- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading innovative global brand consultancy servicing a wide range of high profile clients in diverse sectors ranging from financial services to technology to consumer. It is looking to hire an Executive Director of Human Resources. Based in the New York office, this individual will provide strategic HR leadership to the North American-based businesses. The Executive Director will consult with the business leaders on all key people issues including retaining and developing talent, performance management, learning and development plans, and succession planning. He or she will oversee the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services, including employee engagement, retention, talent development, legal compliance, employee relations, employment practices and procedures and employee communications. He or she needs a strategic vision with the ability to mentor teams and work with strong and creative personalities.
- Serve as an internal consultant to and partner with the leadership team on people issues that affect performance and the business.
- Lead and develop a team of world class internal HR executives and provide ongoing coaching and career development to the HR team.
- Foster a workplace culture that is consistent with the values and vision of the company.
- Develop long-term relationships with organizations and individuals that will enhance the talent pipeline.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. This includes succession planning and top talent programs, learning programs that prepare employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and branding industry. Training and development plans should be consistent with current needs of the business, and customized for the top tier of managers and directors.
- Responsible for advising management to ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, recruiting, employment and training. Remain current with changes in human resource and employment law and manage company relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Serve as internal consultant to managers in employee situations in which discipline is joint responsibility of Human Relations and employee manager.
- Ensure our induction program is a highly effective orientation program that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the corporate culture.
- Responsible for compensation plan design and administration including annual processes.
- Plan and oversee office wide communications related to Human Relations function and internal office events to foster greater connection among the staff and across the three offices and to promote positive morale.
- Experienced leader and human relations executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in a creative agency or consultancy (advertising, design, branding, PR or digital).
- An energetic, forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic planner with analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively use PC (or MAC) and widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (excel), word, HRIS/database.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Organization Psychology or Communications or equivalent
- 15+ years Human Resources experience
- Minimum four years experience at the senior management or executive level in an agency or consultancy
- Masters degree or equivalent preferred
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.