- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a national retailer known for selling a range of accessories and apparel including jewelry, handbags, belts, clocks, charms, key chains, eye wear, frames, fragrance, luggage and home goods. The company is rapidly growing, opening 10-15 new retail stores each year since their launch in 2000. They are actively a seeking a DMM that is looking to apply their talents in trend identification, assortment planning as well as defining new product assortment. This person will need to have experience with leading and developing a team of buyers to look at their business as entrepreneurs. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate, entrepreneurial and successful retail professional to take on the incredible responsibility for leading the brands future product trends.
- Drive business thru determining appropriate product assortment for individual stores
- Excellent cross functional partnerships with design, marketing, production, visuals, operations, sales leadership to achieve goals
- Provide ongoing feedback to the design team on product needs and selling trends
- Select seasonal assortments from the lines our designers as well as manage the ongoing basic assortment.
- Develop and maintain plans by class and key categories for sales, inventory and receipts
- Update and manage OTB by category, as well as manage weekly replenishment of basic stock items
- Analyze and recap sales performance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage individual store inventory levels based on volume, capacity, seasonality and customer profile
- Plan sales and inventory to support promotions and other events, and analyze their performance
- Plan new store opening assortments that are appropriate for the location, volume and season
- Coordinate with marketing and visual departments to provide product knowledge information and display guidelines for the stores to execute
- Stay current with emerging fashion trends in the industry
- 8+ years of merchandising experience, at least 5+ years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Accessories and apparel experience preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- An inquisitive mind and entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative communication style and excellent service focus
- Excellent computer skills and strong proficiency in Excel
- Self-motivated and energetic team player
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, as well as work independently
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.