- New York
- Job Information
Our client is an online and mobile food-ordering company that is extremely well known for their online brands. We are helping them identify a Director of Product Design which is a newly created position for the company. Living and working in NYC, it is hard to not to encounter these brands and this is an awesome opportunity to “own” what that experience looks like for all. The Director of Product Design will be responsible for defining and owning the design process for responsive web and iOS and Android Apps for these products.
- Define and own the design process for responsive web and iOS and Android apps.
- Advocate strongly for users from concept through execution. Make smart trade-offs while driving experiences to be best-in-class.
- Maintain high standards of usability, interaction and visual design quality.
- Partner with engineering and product managers to design and develop easy, simple-to-use interfaces and interaction styles.
- Drive the creation of a user experience vision that enables cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality, bar-raising experiences across all platforms.
- Blend qualitative and quantitative data into design decisions that improve the user experience in measurable ways.
- Manage and develop an all-star team of product designers and usability researchers.
- Ensure a positive, collaborative, cross-functional culture that is focused on delivering results.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience with 5+ years in leadership roles with experience managing direct reports
- This position is more UI focused with a strong understanding of user experience.
- In-house experience on an e-commerce brand is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfort working with passionate product managers and software engineers
- Strong bias for action and hustle to get the job done while maintaining a consistently high bar for quality
- Expertise in current design and research
- Experience in e-commerce and/or experience building and releasing large-scale products
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple, cross-functional teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and balance multiple changing priorities
- Track record of influencing and process implementation
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.