- Dallas, TX
- Job Information
Our client is a global skincare, makeup and body care company located in Dallas, Texas. They are searching for a Creative Director who will be responsible for leading the creative direction of all global design and photo art direction activities for the content and communications team. Overseeing a team of art directors, designers and related talent, the successful candidate will work on inspiring, global and regional “campaign” mindedness work on a wide range of projects including multi-channel, multi-screen advertising campaigns, new product launch 360 communications, corporate program initiatives, LookBook quarterly zine, and social media toolkits.
We are looking for someone who has a minimum of 10 years experience working within fashion, beauty, lifestyle or related industry at an advertising agency, in-house brand or major publication. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to expand both their domestic and global experience, and work on campaigns that also cater to the rapid growth in the Asia, Latin America and European markets. Given that this position resides in the Dallas Headquarters, our client will relocate the best talent in the country for this position.
- Lead creative direction of all design and photo art direction activities for the content and communications team. Leads, teach and inspire a creative design team ranging from Senior Art Directors (AD) to lower level Art Directors.
- Work at a global, regional and local market level on a wide range of projects such as: multi-channel, multi-screen advertising campaigns, new product launch 360 toolkits, corporate program toolkits, LookBook quarterly toolkits and social media toolkits. Additionally partner with global and regional marketing partners to take business objectives and translate them into visual multi-channel campaigns.
- Elevate, modernize, rebrand and create department consistency with MKI’s design and photography style for major initiatives such as global ad campaigns, special global promotions, quarterly LookBook assets, micro sites and other high-level brand enhancements that require collaboration with cross functional partners including global marketing, digital marketing, brand, etc.
- Lead and determine the best ways to visually represent business, marketing and communication creative strategy into powerful executed creative
- Develop creative assets for various digital platforms such as, but not limited to, responsive design platforms [Sitecore]; e-catalogs; web; apps; and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter with the expectation that this knowledge will be passed on to the creative team. Additionally, partner with and provides direction to and shares learning from the company’s digital agency of record.
- Partner closely with the packaging design team to gain creative understanding of product positioning and packaging/brand vision. Partner with and share creative materials to ensure that creative initiatives are strategically aligned.
- Interview, select, train, supervise and evaluate the design team staff to ensure that the work product and work environment are reflective of the company’s missions, goals and strategies.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in creative/art direction, which will include strong fashion and or beauty creative industry expertise, solid knowledge of key digital properties, and the ability to create visual storytelling across all channels including 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership and team building abilities required to provide guidance and mentoring to direct reports and work with departments throughout the organization.
- Must possess best-in-class ‘hands-on’ photo art direction and design experience in order to periodically produce high profile projects themselves. Strong connections in the beauty and or fashion community [i.e.- photographers, stylists, makeup artists, set designers, model agencies and producers.
- Must possess a personal passion for branding and a strong sense of style.
- Must be knowledgeable on digital creative and stay abreast of trends related to technology and digital space.
- Advanced level experience with all required creative suite software.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of global marketing and company marketing objectives in order to review and approve projects.
- Excellent presentation skills are required in order to interact with marketing personnel in the development of marketing communication strategies and materials. Must have strong written communication skills to guide internal and freelance staff, and to interface and negotiate with individuals across the company and externally, including vendors and contractors.
- Ability to coach, facilitate and empower team members; motivate, train and supervise staff and contractors; select, evaluate and provide art direction to vendors; interface with executives and individuals to develop/execute communications pieces.
- Experience working on, and providing creative direction on video.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.