- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an international multi disciplinary design and digital firm and is looking for an engaging personality to help lead client engagement in their New York office. This role spans across client categories, but requires a depth of experience and focus on product design (physical, digital and hybrid), service design and brand experiences. The ideal candidate is a consultative leader who is skilled in building deep and mutually beneficial executive-level client relationships up, down and across organizations of varying size and complexities.
- From an existing account management perspective, the Client Director will work collaboratively with dynamic, multi-disciplinary design teams and provide overall account leadership. He or she will advise the team on how to build long-term relationships with senior level executives and position the firm as a trusted advisor. Ultimately, this person is a relationship success manager who is responsible for making sure that both the client and the company view their relationship as mutually beneficial.
- From a new business development perspective, the Client Director will be responsible for creating and executing new business plans for the Eastern US. This includes the establishment of industry target profiles, prospecting, proactively engaging clients, proposal writing, project planning and closing new business opportunities
- Inquisitive, consultative and content-led by nature, the successful candidate needs to be fluent in gaining an intimate understanding of clients’ needs, strategies, product and service offerings, and decision-making structures. Further, the Client Director must be skilled in helping teams successfully capitalize on these learning’s at every stage of the business development process: engagement, needs assessment, opportunity framing, proposal development, and delivery. From an overall process perspective, it’s critical that this individual maintains responsibility, clarity, and accountability for the whole, but knows how and when to activate colleagues to move opportunities and relationships forward.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of or account management or business development experience in a multi-disciplinary design firm, digital agency, innovation consultancy or strategy firm.
- Experience articulating and securing product design (physical, digital and hybrid), service design and/or brand experiences projects.
- Thrives in a self-directed role, but understands that successful collaboration with teams is critical to success
- Proven ability to close opportunities and to grow relationships up and across large organizations
- Polished, persuasive and consultative writing and presentation abilities
- Ability to travel as needed
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.