- New York
- Job Information
Our client is a global multi-disciplinary design and digital firm. They focus on product design (physical, digital and hybrid), service design and brand experiences and work with a wide range of client categories that include fast-growing startups and brands in the mobile, consumer electronics, healthcare and financial services.
They are adding to their business development team in New York and the ideal candidate is a consultative business development contributor: equally skilled in engaging and qualifying inbound and outbound leads, as well as building deep and mutually beneficial executive-level client relationships across organizations of varying size The successful candidate must be skilled in helping internal teams successfully capitalize on these learnings at every stage of the business development process: engagement, needs assessment, opportunity framing, proposal development, and delivery. Approximately 70% of his or her time will be dedicated to assessing and pursuing qualified inbound leads and developing these relationships over time. The remaining time will be dedicated to generating outbound leads in collaboration with a strategic content strategy driven by marketing.
- Serve as internal point person for assigned inbound leads, RFIs/RFPs, owning the process and helping to drive things seamlessly
- Manage proactive outbound communications to prospects tailoring specific communications aimed at generating quality leads and meetings
- Evaluate and advise on new opportunities as they relate to the company’s objectives
- Work collaboratively with dynamic, multi-disciplinary design teams throughout the initial BD process, but also on an ongoing basis to build long term relationships with clients
- Collaborate with Marketing/PR to ensure consistent brand messaging and positioning
- 3-6 years of business development success in a design firm, innovation consultancy or strategy firm.
- Experience communicating with and building meaningful relationships with senior leaders.
- Ability to work in a self-directed role, but understand that successful collaboration with teams is critical to success.
- Polished, persuasive and consultative writing and presentation abilities.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.