- New York, NY
- Job Information
Our client is an independently owned boutique design firm that produces design projects for the food and beverage industry. The firm has offices in New York and London and offers a distinctive viewpoint and an open and collaborative culture. We are currently working on a newly created business development role for the company. The successful candidate will have a tenacious but sensitive approach, be a commercially savvy and strategically driven. They will also have strong experience developing relationships with clients. He or she will enjoy working autonomously but as part of a well-oiled and supportive team. They must possess the ability to be a team leader while cultivating business relationships and helping to building the company culture.
- Reporting to Group Business Development Director (based in London), you will have full management of and accountability for US New Business generation, activation and results.
- Develop and implement New Business strategies and initiatives both externally and internally focused.
- Develop key decision maker contacts, organize introductory meetings, generate project specific proposals and tenders.
- Transform New Business introductions into relevant agency projects with appropriate profit related fee revenue
- Lead and assist New Business pitches, defining strategies with relevant planners, creative and client service teams.
- Deliver fee revenue to meet forecasted New Business income.
- Ensure a degree of immersion and involvement of company employees into the new business process.
- Ensure that a professional manner is conducted across all interfaces representing the companies brand values in every instance
- BA Required
- Prior business development experience is required in a creative environment
- Possess excellent project management skills and understand how to manage business profitably, managing deadlines and growing relationships
- Organized, reliable and calm and collected under pressure, able to change gears if/when needed during a presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use your initiative and make yourself available to all facets of the business to offer your help to ensure the smooth running of the agency.
- Upbeat, outgoing and looking to immerse self in both the work and agency culture.
- Proactive, confident and passionate about the work with a strong work ethic.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.