- Job Information
Our client is a global multi-disciplinary design and digital firm and is looking for an engaging personality to lead the business development strategy and activities in their London studio. This role spans across client categories, but requires a depth of knowledge and focus on digital product and service innovation with exposure to business design, brand strategy, UX design and software development.
- From a new business development perspective, the Business Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing new business plans for the London studio. This includes the establishment of industry target profiles, prospecting, proactively engaging clients, proposal writing, project planning and closing new business opportunities.
- From an account management perspective, the Business Development Director will work collaboratively with dynamic, multi-disciplinary teams and provide overall account leadership. He or she will advise the team on how to build long-term relationships with senior level executives and position our client as a trusted advisor.
- From an overall process perspective, it’s critical that this individual maintains responsibility, clarity, and accountability for the whole, but knows how and when to activate colleagues to move opportunities and relationships forward.
The ideal candidate is a consultative business development leader. You understand the London and European marketplaces and have experience proactively building a steady and growing revenue stream within a creative consulting environment. You have a strong reputation for creating mutually beneficial relationships with senior level executives and other stakeholders across organizations of varying size and complexities.
- 7 – 10 years of business development and or client engagement experience in a multi-disciplinary design firm, innovation consultancy or strategy firm.
- Thrive in a self-directed role, but understand that successful collaboration with teams is critical to success.
- Proven ability to develop and consistently fill a new business pipeline, develop and close new opportunities and to grow relationships up and across large organizations.
- Experience articulating and securing large scale strategic design projects.
- Polished, persuasive and consultative writing and presentation abilities.
- A degree in business or marketing or other relevant experience.
- Ability to travel as needed, 25% on average.
Inquisitive, consultative and content-led by nature, you are fluent in gaining an intimate understanding of clients’ needs, strategies, product and service offerings, and decision-making structures. Additionally, you are skilled in helping teams successfully capitalize on these learnings at every stage of the business development process: engagement, needs assessment, opportunity framing, proposal development, and delivery.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.