- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading marketing, public relations, and communications firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Due to continued company growth and success, the agency is looking to hire an experienced PR professional who will be responsible for heading up media relations efforts within the NYC office for a variety of leading beauty and lifestyle clients.
The agency crafts rich, tightly structured, multiplatform programs that amplify awareness in the marketplace. They represent clients in the beauty, fashion, hospitality and lifestyle space and their crafted approach allows clients to build their brands, increase audiences, and exceed expectations. With dedicated showrooms on both coasts, the firms unparalleled resources and longstanding relationships with editors and writers, bloggers, celebrities, producers and industry influencers put clients at a strategic advantage over the competition. The successful candidate will have the right strategic and creative sensibilities to get the job done and provide clients with a competitive edge.
- Secure coverage across all communication platforms including print, broadcast and online media on behalf of their clients
- Garner consistent media attention
- Utilize current relationships with the media and develop new relationships to generate impactful media placements
- Provide strategic media relations counsel to clients
- Strategize and execute media relations portion of programs
- Attend relevant press events and social endeavors for the agency
- Responsible for successfully managing client relations and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant public relations experience with a strong emphasis on media relations
- Strong relationships with long-lead and short-lead national and regional outlets (broadcast, print and online)
- Great relationships with print and online media, bloggers and influencers
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems creatively
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills are a must
- Proven ability to secure high-profile coverage
- Proven ability to create media plans from concept and follow through to placement
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.