- Los Angeles
- Job Information
Our client is a high end women’s fashion brand that designs a full collection of ready-to-wear and accessories including shoes, handbags, small leather goods, scarves and fine jewelry. They are looking for an Area Manager to lead their LA store. He or she will be responsible for performance, brand and customer experience, team development and corporate partnerships.
- Lead performance with a focused and relentless effort to grow and transform the district or area’s ability to exceed sales and operating profit goals.
- Use KPIs as levers to further enhance performance, refine the customer experience in stores, build viability and sustainability and maximize product sell through.
- Lead cross functional efforts and engage partners to better understand and respond to the needs of the consumer in all markets in the district.
- Differentiate the brand for leadership in the market place in customer service and brand experience.
- Set and follow up on goals for continuously increasing levels of clienteling in the district to build customer loyalty through a memorable store experience.
- Drive and lead a dynamic customer service and selling culture in all stores.
- Work with Corporate HR to develop and implement comprehensive talent strategies that select, onboard, develop and retain the best talent for stores, areas and district.
- Ensure that all stores are effectively staffed with the best talent
- Identify key talent most appropriate or high-profile roles as required in focus stores, flagships, resort and celebrity/influencer markets.
- Develop talent in all levels of stores so there is talent succession, backup and preparation for new store growth.
- Work with Corporate PR to identify and optimize key events and brand presence in the market place.
- Partner with Corporate Human Resources to develop vibrant and success-oriented performance culture in stores.
- Work with Corporate Marketing and Visual Merchandising to communicate and execute all key elements of the brand message to stores.
- Work closely with corporate buying, merchandising and planning teams to drive effective selling and optimized margins.
- Experience as a multi-unit manager leading 6 or more distinct stores or operations
- BA degree preferred
- A solid background leading customer-facing businesses with an aggregate sales volume of 12+ million USD
- A solid track record in a service-oriented customer-facing business
- Experience in improving sales and operating profit in a business with a range of product offerings
- Clear understanding of sales, productivity and cost levers in driving comparable unit and expansion growth.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.