- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading and innovative Public Relations Agency that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility of a small, fast-growth Company. The agency is comprised of a fully integrated team with shared experience in fashion, retail, wine/spirits, luxury brands, mass brands, home design, events, media and entertainment. By partnering with their clients, they are able to position them to succeed in this new era. As an agency, they believe that their customers’ business results come first. Their team consists of a dynamic, creative, collaborative group of experienced specialists in women’s and men’s fashion, consumer goods, retail, home furnishings/interior design, beauty, hospitality/spirits and media. As a team they accomplish the extraordinary by working together to serve all of their client needs from brand strategy, marketing, media relations, events and promotions.
The agency is seeking someone who will enjoy working in a collaborative, creative atmosphere. As an agency they offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. The organizational culture inspires creativity in every employee. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. In this position, you will be the one who develops strategic public relations plans and media relations strategies; creates and oversees the execution of publicity campaigns; serves as a key contact with top clients; helps to manage client expectations; enhances department and organization reputation.
The candidate must be able to hit the ground running with a solid base of media contacts and proven ability to deliver placements. Ideal candidates are self-starters who have 3+ years of experience in agency media relations.
- Execute publicity activities that include pitching and booking national and local television, print, radio and on-line media; creating media lists; writing press releases
- Deliver big and consistent media placements – thinks creatively to come up with media angles and hooks
- Engage in daily communication with key media contacts
- Generate and execute media placements across multiple mediums, i.e. broadcast, print (long-lead and short-lead) and online
- Participate daily in client management while enforcing positive communication
- Delegate and manage tasks for junior staff
- B.A. and 3+ years of experience in agency media relations
- Candidate should be able to fly solo and generate results on their own
- Strong pitching techniques
- Experience working on lifestyle/fashion accounts is required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/accounts is necessary
- Strong sense of timeliness and proper comprehension of deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Experience with Cision and Fashion GPS
- PowerPoint experience is a plus
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.