- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an global beauty company headquartered in New York City. They are currently seeking a VP of Product Development to lead product research and development for their nail category. This individual will partner closely with the Global Marketing brand team to translate market needs to develop and manage products and seasonal programs to meet the needs of the affiliate markets. This is an opportunity for a seasoned and passionate product development candidate with extensive nail or color experience to join one of the most established beauty brands in the industry.
- Work, in close partnership with global marketing brand team, on the identification of market needs and the development of brand strategy.
- Lead, in partnership with global marketing brand team, all aspects of new product research and development, including, but no limited to, sku creation, package design, formula/shade development and competitive analysis.
- Gather/Analyze relevant market data (consumer, competitive, economic, positioning, distribution channels, trends, advertising) and translate into SWOT Analysis, Innovation concepts and color and trend boards for future product development.
- Establish strategic directions for R&D and 3rd party supplier development across the nail category and prioritize new technologies for future development according to potential consumer appeal.
- Specifically lead development of new nail formulas around innovative concepts, in close collaboration with R&D and 3rd party suppliers
- Guide brand teams on creation of brand portfolio by product segment
- Coach and guide brand teams on concept development
- Lead and propose market research plan as needed to determine consumer appeal of potential new products
- Lead coordination of new product development (NPD), from concept to manufacturing to consumer
- Lead long term search for and development of new formula technologies in the nail category,
- Build a positive team atmosphere through leadership and development of product development team
- 4-year undergraduate degree in product development, marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of product development experience in nail or color (beauty, prestige, specialty retail and/or e-retail preferred)
- Must be strategic with the ability to think creatively
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Must have strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.