- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an independently owned PR agency with offices nationwide. Their client base is across multiple categories within consumer, including an array of liquor and lifestyle accounts. They are currently seeking a seasoned Vice President to oversee their New York City office. He or she will responsible for mentoring the growing staff and acting as lead on 2 to 3 prime agency accounts. In addition to overseeing the office and staff, he or she will also work on business development for the agency. This is a great opportunity for someone who holds an entrepreneurial spirit and strategic mindset, and is really looking to help grow their NYC office during an exciting time. As a result, great growth potential exists for the right candidate.
- Establish and maintain a happy work environment and office culture
- Schedule weekly touch bases with all NYC employees and implement monthly social activities outside of the office
- Ensure good work is acknowledged and mistakes are dealt with properly
- Conduct HR reviews and goal setting meetings with the NYC team
- Maintain day-to-day client contact and serve as go-to client contact, managing daily client communication.
- Set and track deadlines and work with each team to achieve them.
- Set and track budgets to ensure each account comes in under allocated costs.
- Lead by example in all client communication and account management
- Help to ensure that all documents properly convey client messaging
- Establish a solid understanding of client key messaging and positioning and ensure all communication from the team reflects this.
- Be able to demonstrate, internally and externally, a strong understanding of clients’ industries, including competitor landscape.
- Lead weekly conference call and assign team speaking responsibilities (as needed).
- Provide strategic counsel to clients, both reactively and proactively.
- Be able to identify opportunities or issues before clients bring them to light
- Lead account planning, including campaign and budget development.
- Be able to develop and identify appropriate programming for each client.
- Work with each account team to secure press hits and supervise media outreach where needed.
- Review and approve all media lists, ensuring that the team is reaching out to the appropriate contacts.
- Schedule and manage weekly team media touch bases.
- Participate in media interviews where needed.
- Identify 1 new business opportunity per quarter and lead 1 new business pitch each year, including proposal and campaign development.
- Identify 1 opportunity per quarter to help increase awareness of the agency in NYC.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years PR experience. Prior PR agency experience is also required.
- Forward-thinking self-starter who is driven to provide results and solve problems
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing large scale consumer PR campaigns
- Excellent planning and project management skills, including delegation of tasks to appropriate staff
- Expertise working on a variety of different projects on behalf of different clients while meeting all individual deadlines and deliverables
- Proven track record of successful media outreach to national and local media outlets
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Superior writing skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and flexible – doesn’t sweat the small stuff
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.