- San Francisco
- Job Information
Our client is a leading beauty brand headquartered in San Francisco. They are currently seeking a Vice President of Global Brand Marketing and Product Development who will oversee and develop an overarching product development strategy for the brand’s complexion and color categories. The VP will be accountable for leading and managing the development of all new and existing product lines and will oversee all global brand marketing functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned, passionate product development executive to join an established makeup brand and play an integral role in furthering its future growth and development.
- Own and develop the brand’s market strategy to promote existing products as well as launch new programs on a global level
- Develop and account for a global brand/category strategy and global product pipeline that identifies opportunities that will successfully meet high growth objectives
- Lead the development of global categories and build product calendars to ensure proper visibility for each category
- Develop brand objectives and goals through product launch hind sighting, quarterly competitive reviews, and in-season weekly business updates
- Oversee all global product and lab briefs for product development; oversee creative briefs for secondary packaging and other collateral; marketing briefs for global marketing campaign development
- Oversee product development to ensure innovative product concepts, unique product positioning, technical innovation, proper product testing and on time project tracking
- Brainstorm new product innovations and concepts that are not only a strategic fit, but also introduce unique, relevant solutions to customer pain points and assortment need gaps
- Oversee target cog’s for each category
- Manage the development of price points for all new products in all NA and international markets
- Conduct annual pricing assessments to recommend price increases for select product lines
- Spearhead global category reviews of the prestige competitive landscape, including positioning, pricing, packaging, promotions, and features and benefits, etc
- Spearhead product innovation review to identify new trends in product format, ingredients, delivery systems, technology, etc
- Work closely with NA channels, EU, Asia & Latin America regions to receive input on global trends, new product ideas and specific product concepts
- Work closely with Direct-to-Consumer channels to ensure product assortment and storytelling is impactful and differentiating
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years of product development experience in cosmetic/beauty industry required
- Deep passion for and knowledge of the global makeup industry
- Knowledge of color theory is essential
- Must have experience developing formulas
- Can move easily and comfortably between quantitative analytics and marketing creativity, with the ability to think strategically or tactically in different situations
- Great work ethic, with a strong efficiency orientation: Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work either independently or with cross-functional teams in a fast moving, fast changing environment, oftentimes under pressure
- Proactive approach to projects, always thinking ahead: Shows initiative to drive results and solve problems and can always be counted on to follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with great poise and confidence in delivery
- Ability to build, foster, and nurture strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and develop direct reports
- Deep fluency and skill with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.