- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a high end fashion brand that designs a full collection of ready-to-wear and accessories including shoes, handbags, small leather goods, scarves and fine jewelry. They are looking for The Vice President, Finance to manage the accounting, budgeting and forecasting for a multi-million dollar wholesale division. The ideal candidate will be a strong executive that will partner with senior level corporate management to monitor business performance and establish standard product costs in connection with preparing monthly budget updates and monthly closes.
- Responsible for all consolidated finance and cost accounting functions
- Partnering with various department heads on managing and coordinating annual budgets and monthly forecast updates
- Create sales forecasts with the Sales, Retail Planning and Analysis and Demand Planning teams.
- Develop gross margin forecasts with the Global Supply Chain team to determine cost information
- Work with the Sales, Retail Planning and Analysis teams on allowance, co-op and advertising expenses
- Partner with Divisional Department Leaders on individual department expenses
- Responsible for managing the cost accounting function and closely coordinating the flow of information from the Global Supply Chain within the organization
- Create preliminary seasonal and new product costing and seasonal line costing
- Establish standard costs for use in financial reporting
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting variances and changes to cost estimates against budgets, forecasts and standard cost
- Ensure cost information is updated regularly in all systems that support the business vis XPC, ACS and Excel spreadsheets
- Provide critical financial information and analyses to management across the division to support strategic business initiatives, establish goals and objectives and measure results.
- Engage in Special Projects as required
- Supervise, train and develop divisional finance and staff accounting
- A minimum of 10 + years of experience as a senior leader in finance and accounting roles
- Previous experience working in the Retail or Wholesale industry required
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate a strategic vision into operational improvements
- Proven ability to inspire and lead teams
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) system
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.