- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an iconic fashion brand and is looking to hire a VP Ecommerce. This role reports directly to the President and has total overall responsibility for ecommerce for the brand. Through strategic positioning of the company website and maximization of third party relationships, the Vice President of E-Commerce will be responsible for developing and maintaining their successful and thriving e-commerce business. This individual will develop and present both short term initiatives and long term business strategies that support the company objectives for growth, profit, customer experience and brand awareness. Partnering with the marketing, merchandising and the IT teams, the VP of E-Commerce will work to drive and exceed business goals in conjunction with developing the members of the E-Commerce and CRM team.
- Drive the technology for E-Commerce and CRM for the brand; own the ecommerce design, integration, testing and maintenance for installations; set project goals and metrics an measure progress for achieving ROI.
- Maintain working knowledge of emerging trends, best practice competitive practices. Ensure a best in class customer experience through ongoing evaluation of the site functionality consistent with the brand positioning and DNA.
- Lead all ECommerce focused web development projects, ensuring collaborative engagement between development team and other cross functional team members to optimize the user experience and business opportunity.
- Establish solid working relationships with internal and external partners including technology partners, digital platform partner, 3rd party integrator, online marketing agencies, photo studio, fulfillment and customer service to ensure all parties are working according to the contract and within best practices and established guidelines.
- Act as the point of contact for all site operational issues. Drive solutions to improve processes that increase overall efficiencies, revenue growth and profitability while maximizing opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Determine and manage the implementation and integrity of agreed business rules around fulfillment, shipping and returns.
- Establish and lead the online marketing strategies to drive profitability and new customer acquisition through SEM, SEO, Retargeting, Affiliate, Email and Display.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive traffic and conversion on the site and the store level through CRM and marketing initiatives in partnership with stores, marketing and merchandising.
- Work with merchandising and planning to analyze and respond to business trends: sales, inventory and GM. Analyze and create strategies to continually improve performance of the websites.
- Partner with marketing to strategize, define and manage the multi-channel business metrics for email, direct search, social and viral marketing efforts.
- Oversee the management of the CRM database an loyalty programs. Provide the field with client outreach tools to drive customer capture, client loyalty, engagement and retention.
- Lead and mentor the ecommerce and CRM teams for future growth with an eye toward developing top tier talent within the group.
- High-level strategic thinker with a solid understanding of business strategy
Prior experience managing ecommerce for a high profile brand, preferably in the luxury space
- Initiate understanding of analytics and reporting
- Ability to develop vendor agreements, lead negotiations and manage external relationships
- Creative and flexibility skills in order to motivate and bring innovation to the business
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively collaborate in a cross functional team environment
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with capacity planning, load and performance testing
- Experience with SEO, web analytics, tag management, payment processing
- Ability to develop teams and build strong relationships across the organization
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.