- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading, specialty fashion retailer. They are currently seeking an Technical Designer opportunity experienced with strong product development experience for their Bridge line. This individual will be responsible for the creation of product specification and fit execution from design concept to production includingexecuting the brand calendar, preserving design intent, ensuring quality standards and meeting margin expectations.
- Create samples from sketches while maintaining the integrity of design concept
- Own the creation, revision and management of tech packs
- Develop and maintain consistent quality, size and fit standards
- Lead fit sessions and review samples for quality, execution, construction and fit; provide information to factories to make necessary changes
- Execute placement of adopted styles in accordance with the sourcing and social responsibility strategies
- Develop and manage the time line for development calendar and color management
- Coordinate buy meeting and photo samples to meet calendar dates
- Work with patternmaker and sample sewers to drive fast track mock ups, block development and prototypes
- Ensure products are engineered to cost standards and meet target margin expectations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical design and/or product development, design or production in garment manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience
- Strong knowledge in the entire production process
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with FlexPLM system preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the U.S., Asia, South America & Europe
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.