- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading social media agency in New York with a collaborative work environment and an open culture. The team is smart and nimble and build innovative campaigns and produce daily content. The agency is looking for a Social Strategy Director to set the social media strategy for a global entertainment account. He or she will work with this talented team to ensure that they don’t just do great work, but that it helps them to work toward the brand’s global objectives. This is a great opportunity for a funny, bright, social media maven with outstanding leadership and collaboration skills.
This is a newly created role and the Social Strategy Director will spearhead creation and implementation of a comprehensive social media strategy for the account. He or she will be responsible for leading the team in meeting quarterly and annual social objectives and will work directly with the content and analytics arms of the social media team toward achieving these goals.
- Leadership and participation in all global business strategy meetings with client brand executives
- Close collaboration with partner agencies in development and execution of social media approach to achieve business objectives
- Proactively develop new projects and social initiatives that help to build scope of business, and help to achieve business objectives
- Work directly with the Analytics Director and the Social Analyst to build innovative testing plans, and continual analytics reports communicating team success
- Work directly with the Content Director and team to optimize content creation to ladder up to global and campaign strategic objectives
- Oversee monitoring and analysis of social media trends and their impact on the company brand
- Joint supervision of an internal team
- Inspire and energize internal team with knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in social media
- An enthusiasm for social media and a natural interest in staying ahead of emerging trends
- A strong understanding of how to break global business objectives down into actionable plans for internal team
- A minimum of eight years of experience working in digital, with at least five years experience in social media account management and/or strategy
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and how they can be applied across verticals
- Thorough knowledge of best and most effective social media analysis tools
- Experience in collaboration with executive-level clients
- Strong client partnership skills, with the ability to promote agency successes in an effort to grow agency business
- Degree in communications, marketing or related field
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.