- Brooklyn, New York
- Job Information
Our client is an independently owned creative digital agency based in Dumbo, Brooklyn. They are seeking to hire a seasoned Social Strategy Director to join their growing strategy team. In this role, you will be responsible for working on a current major global technology brand and will be a co-lead of the account alongside their Account Director, Lead Producer and Creative Lead. As part of their senior leadership team, you be overseeing a team of 2 strategists in NY and 1 in East Asian and therefore significant management experience in a prior position is key. Our perfect candidate would be someone who is native to the digital realm, has that entrepreneurial yet creative strategic way of thinking while being an expert in the world of social media.
This is a great role if you are seeking to break free from thinking-by-department, get closer to making, and to work with clients striving to recalibrate their businesses around digital. Reporting to the Group Strategy Director, you will be involved in everything from unearthing and articulating the leading insight in a fun and diligent creative setting.
- Partner with agency counterparts and work closely with clients as their strategic business partner on all relevant facets of the brand
- Lead all social media strategic brand activities utilizing cross-functional teams
- Spearhead work sessions and brainstorms around complex digital projects
- Passion for learning and developing new skills
- Create and present relevant industry, consumer, technology solutions proactively and as needed. When doing so, showcase the ability to develop a coherent narrative and present with confidence
- Expert level understanding of strategic planning – additionally, focus on new media channels, research/analytics and digital product/services
- Commands respect among high-level clients and internal constituencies
- Stay abreast of relevant digital/consumer/industry trends and cultural shifts, and translate these into meaningful client opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Around 10 years of digital strategy experience with an emphasis on social media in a leadership role
- Grew up digital: this isn’t about spending every waking hour on Twitter. It’s about showing that you’ve played with a lot of the digital world, that you’ve experimented and learned – sometimes for work, sometimes for the sake of it
- Well versed in research techniques and have the ability to get to the nub of the problem through desk-bound, primary research or the latest tools
- Thrive on a new business pitch but you can also patiently help their clients achieve their goals and create opportunity for your team
- Stay hands on: Big spaceship is an open-spaced office and most teams sit together. Your role may stretch across teams but they need you in the work, not just around it
- Have a range of experiences: across different categories executing campaign work, brand building, social media and involvement in web/ product builds
- Can work with fellow digital grown-ups: They’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists and producers. You must be an adept facilitator of ideas and insights sessions and be able to bring the best out of collaborator
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.