- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a boutique PR agency specializing in the development of emerging and iconic brands. They are currently seeking a Senior PR Manager with a deep affinity for fashion. The successful candidate should be a highly articulate self-starter who anticipates the needs of journalists and knows instinctively what makes a good news story and editorial piece. He or she should have equal facility with pitching stories for print, broadcast and online outlets, and a proven ability to plan both short and long-lead initiatives.
- Develop, manage and execute PR strategies and annual plan for assigned clients
- Regularly attend key fashion industry events, magazine events and strategically important social events
- Maintain and develop excellent knowledge of all media outlets and key contacts
- Supervise PR Coordinator to ensure she is meeting goals and accomplishing day-to-day responsibilities
- Assist Founder in leading fashion team meetings with coordinator to review editorial shoot requests, client communication strategies and to ensure editorial benchmarks are met
- Compile, format and transmit monthly reports to the clients
- Oversee VIP and celebrity dressing strategies, calendars and outreach as needed
- Develop seasonal timelines for press days, fashion shows, etc.
- Focus on building and maintaining a strong network of key media and stylist relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree and relevant fashion media relations experience, preferably within Women’s RTW
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills, strong organizational and project management skills, and a collaborative, team oriented approach required
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment with multiple projects at once
- Experience in dealing with diverse/urgent communications scenarios desired; ability to quickly and calmly assess situations and suggest practical solutions
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Cision and Fashion GPS media systems
- Proficiency in French, Italian or Spanish a plus
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.