- Greater New York
- Job Information
Our client is a true innovator and trailblazer within the bespoke interior design industry. The company is currently experiencing a tremendous amount of growth and is building out their technology team. In addition to their strong web presence, the company has 21 showrooms throughout the United States with plans to open an additional 30 new locations in the next year alone. The Senior Developer will report directly to the CTO and will be part of the team responsible for developing and supporting the website, showroom and corporate applications for the entire company. Our client is committed to building an excellent team of technologists who will be able to collaborate and innovate as the firm grows. The current tech team members are ambitious and passionate; the environment is close-knit, fast paced and fun, and our client is a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers, and we are working with them to identify the best technology talent in the Tri State area.
- Work closely with the product team and shared development resources across all phases of projects.
- Write “clean”, well designed code.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other developers.
- Rapidly develop proof of concepts to demonstrate proposed solutions to key decision makers.
- Produce detailed speciﬁcations.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Forecast resource needs based upon the project roadmap.
- Document all development activities in accordance with the company best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of solid web development experience using the LAMP stack of technologies in a professional environment using object oriented and MVC design, preferably in an agile environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software development methodologies – Agile/Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Has established a metrics and data driven measurement structure to gauge team efﬁcacy and performance
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Sharp attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Extensive PHP experience
- Understanding of CVS workﬂows, primarily GIT
- Understanding of PHP frameworks
- MySQL 5.5+, Apache 2, HTML, CSS, Smarty 3, jQuery 1.7+
- Experience with REST API design, development and consumption
- Experience with AWS
- Good working knowledge of JSON and XML based REST APIs
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Signiﬁcant experience with automated unit testing
- Relevant experience in the Retail industry
- Comfortable using and developing with a Mac
- Good experience and comfort level with Linux
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of virtual machines
- Ansible or other server recipe technologies
- MySQL tuning
- Server clustering
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.