- Job Information
Our client is a leading, specialty fashion retailer. They are currently seeking a Senior Design Director for Woman’s Active to join their headquarters in Seattle, Washington. The ideal candidate is a motivated, results oriented, creative leader who possesses the ability to oversee the creation of original concepts that reflect the overall style, color and fabric of the brand.
- Create and innovate the design process in collaboration with the Brand Manager and the Creative Director
- Provide leadership and motivation for brand design team
- Influence designers to provide inspiration and creative problem solving
- Execute seasonal concept/color/theme into product development plan within calendar deadlines
- Create original design concepts to ensure products meet product merchandiser assortment plan, consumer expectation and price point
- Provide original, innovative product concept and designs to design team to initiate the start of seasonal development process
- Source and select raw materials (yarn, fabric, trims, etc.) that are current with the trends in all raw material markets
- Direct and select fabric, model silhouette, surface pattern and color
- Oversee the final approved spec packs for development and production
- Travel for trend, raw material and market research
- Train, lead and develop a team of designers
- 8 years of design experience for a leading fashion brand or retailer
- BA degree, or advanced degree in design
- Technical performance apparel design experience is required.
- Understands color perception and design ability
- Exceptional ability to understand the needs of, and develop product resonating with the target market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent material sourcing capabilities in yarns, trims and fabrics
- Highly experienced with seasonal color, trend and theme research and interpretation
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.