- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a new prestige skincare company and is seeking an experienced Senior Brand Manager. This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company and focus on developing strategic partnerships with retailers and celebrities for a skincare brand. The position of Senior Brand Manager will be reporting directly to the CMO and will be working with the cross-functional team to support development and execution of national and local programs. In addition, he or she will be developing strategy and creative briefs for activation projects and developing innovative and integrated marketing communications initiatives. He or she should possess events, sponsorship and partnerships marketing experience.
The brand has a powerful and proven line of skincare products that contain a proprietary and patented active ingredient. Within a short period, the brand has established themselves as an award-winning innovator and have received acclaim from numerous beauty media outlets. Additionally, they have recently signed an A list celebrity spokesperson to be the face of their brand.
- Successfully work with cross-functional team to support development and execution of national and local programs
- Build brand love, drive awareness, trial & conversion of the hottest new skincare brand to hit the market in decades
- Develop strategy and creative briefs for activation projects (e.g. dermatology influencer program, A-list celebrity &Room-to-Read partnerships), while managing agencies to ensure messaging and execution are consistent with brand strategy
- Stay abreast of consumer and industry trends to develop more powerful consumer communications and brand programming
- Analyze market trends, sales data and custom consumer research to track brand performance, inform team decisions, and be able to interpret and drive results based on insights
- Develop innovative and integrated marketing communications across a variety of media and consumer touch points.
- Champion the brands core creative idea and brand positioning to ensure our partners, programming, and messaging is all coming from the same place
- Focus on the critical brand objectives and consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations
- Develop and inspire others, by building and maintaining relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments
- 5+ years of brand marketing experience and at least 2 years of luxury goods experience, preferably within beauty
- College degree; MBA preferred (we wouldn’t knock a PHD, DDS or MD either)
- Strong analytical, strategic & creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Results focused, with examples to prove it
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior and a pulse on pop culture (know the difference between Lady Gaga and lady marmalade)
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic, with the ability to adjust to an ever-changing environment
- Powerpoint capabilities and the ability to recite the 5 c’s & 4 p’s on command
- Marketing concepts: knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, swot analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans
- Ability to assess creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact
- Experience delivering relevant local consumer strategies and making consumers and their needs the primary focus of the business; developing, evaluating and selecting consumer-based actions that maximize long-term, profitable volume
- Ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives
- Knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity (e.g., marketing programs and partnerships)
- Ability to identify meaningful and relevant programs & properties that will have the most impact on our target audience
- Ability to customize, communicate and apply a marketing program or property based on the specific needs of a particular market
- Ability to measure program ROI and pivot if something is not driving significant short-term value
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.