- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading boutique PR agency that has a strong focus in travel. The agency has been experiencing a lot of success and has consistently been acquiring new business wins within the travel division. The agency is currently seeking a seasoned PR professional for their Travel division. The Senior Account Director of Travel will act as one of the most senior team members and will report directly into the SVP of Travel.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Account Director are to lead the travel division and to supervise and implement account work for several leading clients. The Senior Account Director is responsible for managing and supervising the execution of all aspects of a Public Relations program with the SVP of Travel, supervising and managing the client relationship, managing the account team, growing the agency in a new business function, and generating new business leads. The Senior Account Director should demonstrate an expertise to answer all PR questions immediately and unaided, an ability to think ahead for a client and for the business overall. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual who is looking to be at the forefront of a growing division and agency.
- Provide senior strategic counsel to clients and account team
- Manage the execution of public relations programs as well as assume direct responsibility for quality of work
- Develop key relationships with media, influencers, and pitch clients in a proactive and ongoing manner
- Anticipate clients’ strategic needs, both long and short term
- Consistently offer value and add counsel
- Plan and run strategic client meetings
- Retain and develop current accounts to increase revenue
- Function as a main contact for client accounts OR Communicate with clients at the senior level to build and maintain relationships.
- Supervise account staff in their daily activities, provide structure and instruction for balancing their workloads
- Motivate, mentor, and guide professional development of staff
- Assume fiscal responsibility for division, accounts, and team
- Actively participate and guide the operations and future course of division and agency
- BA/BS Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- 8-10 years minimum experience in public relations
- Prior travel experience is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and results oriented
- Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.