- San Francisco
- Job Information
Our client is a beauty company headquartered in San Francisco. They are currently seeking a seasoned Manager of Global Marketing and Product Development for the Complexion category that will be responsible for managing the product development from initial concept to final launch, as well as the support of existing product lines. This role will oversee the product development functions ensuring collaboration across both marketing and product development areas to deliver robust and innovative product pipelines.
- Supports development of long-term product pipeline by researching and proposing cutting-edge product innovations that support the brand strategy, fill need gaps and meet financial objectives
- Works closely with labs to understand new trends, technologies and ingredients in order to develop products that are first to market, differentiated and iconic
- Liaisons with other categories within company to optimize learning, research and best practices
- Acts as brand champion to support existing products through new marketing and color ideas
- Measures progress against our brand objectives and goals and long-term strategy by partnering with marketing to hindsight new launches from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Drives creation of lab briefs for product development that align with the global product concept brief
- Manages product development timeline with labs and cross-functional teams to ensure internal deadlines and launch timing is met
- Works with Sourcing to ensure on target cog’s for each new product launch
- Spearheads product innovation review to identify new trends in product format, ingredients, delivery systems, technology, etc.
- Work closely with regional global teams to seek input on global trends, new product ideas and proposed launch cadence to ensure global compliance
- Manages Global Marketing & Product Development Complexion Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years of beauty product development experience.
- Deep passion for and knowledge of the global makeup industry.
- Desire to learn and be at the forefront of beauty industry and product trends.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment exhibiting flexibility, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Can move easily and comfortably between quantitative analytics and marketing creativity, with the ability to think strategically or tactically in different situations.
- Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams across a wide range of departments from Sourcing to Creative, in a fast-paced manner.
- Great work ethic, with a strong efficiency orientation: Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive approach to projects, always thinking ahead and devising contingency plans: Shows initiative to drive results and solve problems and can always be counted on to follow through.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with great poise and confidence in delivery.
- Ability to build, foster, and nurture strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of cross-functional teams and retail partners.
- Ability to lead and develop direct reports.
- Familiarity working with global information databases such as NPD, Datamonitor, Euromonitor, and Mintel.
- Deep fluency and skill with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Up to 30% travel required.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.