- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a global beauty brand and it is looking for an Assistant Merchandising Manager. He or she will be responsible for ensuring consistency of the brand message and will design, plan, develop and execute planograms for all visual merchandising across all channels. This individual will be a leader and change advocate to evolve the brand; establish a strong brand presence at retail and continually elevate the brand’s retail experience and environment.
- Create planograms for all points of sale and design visual and promotional displays —including in-store visuals and messaging; tester and merchandising units.
- Support strategy and execution of shop in shop, case line retrofits and bay linear design to achieve maximum branding, sensorial experiences and brand product navigation to achieve increased basket size and conversion of new consumers.
- Develop guidelines and execution of quarterly shelf merchandising and new door guidelines for key retailers and stores.
- Analyze (with sales and marketing partners) assortment strategy according to sales metrics, ensure merchandising plan is in line with SKU performance and drives increased basket size and conversion of new consumers
- Establish and grow strategic partnerships with visual teams at US retailer cultivating strong relationships building consensus regarding visual design for seasonal planograms and merchant co-op initiatives.
- Develop training and roll-out execution of visual merchandising strategies to ensure flawless in-store implementation.
- Play a key role in changing launch dynamics to strongly position the brand, as well as drive synergies between other media touch points.
- Maintain awareness of current trends; as well as up-to-date awareness of the brand’s visual retail presence relative to competition.
- 3-5 years’ experience in visual merchandising, preferably within the beauty/cosmetics space
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or related field such as interiors, architecture or industrial design
- Must have thorough understanding of display fixtures and elements available to the brand (by retailer)—including shelf, accessory and componentry to ensure fully integrated brand visual messaging.
- Experience with prototyping and vendors.
- Strong material sensibility, as well technical and fabrication knowledge.
- Effectively communicate ideas and concepts; balance feedback and inputs with a thorough understanding of field realties and conditions.
- Concept to fabrication to installation management of all key visual merchandising initiatives to support new product launches.
- Strong design ability, rendering skills, experience with IWD software a plus
- MAC platform and Adobe Creative Suite; Knowledge of CAD and 3D rendering software a plus; Microsoft Office; and planogram software IWD.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.