- Greater New York
- Job Information
Our client is a true innovator and trailblazer within the bespoke interior design industry. They are currently experiencing a tremendous amount of growth and are building out their technology team. In addition to their strong web presence, the company has 21 showrooms throughout the United States with plans to open an additional 30 new locations in the next year alone. The position will report directly to the CTO and will lead the team responsible for developing and supporting the website, showroom and corporate applications for the entire company. Our client is committed to building an excellent team of technologists who will be able to collaborate and innovate as the firm grows. The current tech team members are ambitious and passionate; therefore the environment is close-knit and fast paced. Our client values doers over talkers and mentors over managers, and we are helping then to identify the best technology talent in the Tri State area.
- Work closely with the product team and shared development resources across all phases of projects.
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion, and ensure successful delivery of solutions.
- Write “clean”, well designed code. • Help establish development standards for the organization.
- Lead the development team working on different applications/solutions.
- Establish goals and metrics for evaluating the progress of the developers in the team.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other developers.
- Rapidly develop proof of concepts to demonstrate proposed solutions to key decision makers.
- Produce detailed speciﬁcations.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Participate in reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Forecast resource needs based upon the project roadmap.
- Document all development activities in accordance with the company best practices.
- Create an environment fostering personal and professional growth. Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of solid web development experience using the LAMP stack of technologies in a professional environment using object oriented and MVC design, preferably in an agile environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software development methodologies – Agile/Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Has established a metrics and data driven measurement structure to gauge team efﬁcacy and performance
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Sharp attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Management experience – growing and managing a high quality development team.
- Experience implementing reporting strategies utilizing industry standard development metrics
- Extensive PHP (5.5+) experience
- Good understanding of CVS workﬂows, primarily GIT
- Deep understanding of PHP frameworks
- MySQL 5.5+, Apache 2, HTML, CSS, Smarty 3, jQuery 1.7+
- Experience with REST API design, development and consumption
- Experience with AWS
- Good working knowledge of JSON and XML based REST APIs
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Signiﬁcant experience with automated unit testing
- Relevant experience in the Retail industry
- Comfortable using and developing with a Mac
- Good experience and comfort level with Linux
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of virtual machines
- Ansible or other server recipe technologies
- MySQL tuning
- Server clustering
- Experience with distributed teams including offshore.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.