- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a marketing, public relations, and communications firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. They represent clients in the consumer, lifestyle, hospitality, beauty, and fashion space and due to continued company growth and success, the agency is looking to hire an experienced hospitality Publicist. He or she will be responsible for heading up media relations efforts within the NYC office for a variety of leading hotel and restaurant clients.
With dedicated showrooms on both coasts, the agency’s resources and longstanding relationships with editors and writers, bloggers, celebrities, producers and industry influencers put clients at a strategic advantage over the competition. The successful candidate will have the right strategic and creative sensibilities to get the job done and provide clients with a competitive edge.
- Secure coverage across all communication platforms including print, broadcast and online media on behalf of their clients
- Garner consistent media attention
- Utilize current relationships with the media and develop new relationships to generate impactful media placements
- Provide strategic media relations counsel to clients
- Strategize and execute innovative programs
- Attend relevant press events and social endeavors for the agency
- Responsible for successfully managing client relations and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant public relations experience across hospitality and related industries
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems creatively
- Strong relationships with long-lead and short-lead national and regional outlets (across broadcast, print and online)
- Ability to pitch, coordinate and execute segments, shoots, and red carpets
- Experience in planning and managing events
- Must be a detail oriented, high-motivated team player, who is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel and work events as needed
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills are a must
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.