- New York City
- Job Information
Head of US Stores – International Luxury Brand (NYC)
Our client is a high end women’s fashion brand that designs a full collection of ready-to-wear and accessories including shoes and handbags. They are looking for a strong Head of US Retail Stores to lead the retail store teams in the US and North America by providing best practice guidance to all levels in the retail stores structure including but not limited to Regional, District and Store Leaders and Associates. The capabilities required of this individual will fall into four major categories; Performance, Brand and Customer Experience, Team Development, and Corporate Partnerships.
- Lead performance with a focused and relentless effort to grow and transform the brand’s ability to exceed sales and operating profit goals in all markets and all customer-facing formats.
- Use KPIs as levers to further enhance performance, refine the customer experience in stores and build viability and sustainability in the brand/business model.
- Lead cross functional efforts and engage partners to better understand and respond to the needs of the consumer in a wide range of markets
- Differentiate the brand for leadership in the market place in customer service and brand experience.
- Establish benchmarks and goals for continuously increasing levels of clienteling in all stores to build customer loyalty and maximize growth.
- Drive and lead a dynamic customer service and selling culture in all stores and formats.
- Work with Corporate HR to develop and implement comprehensive talent strategies that select, onboard, develop and retain the best talent for stores, area, district and regional leadership.
- Ensure that all stores are effectively staffed with the best talent
- Identify key talent most appropriate or high-profile roles in focus stores, flagships, resort and celebrity/influencer markets.
- Work to achieve a minimum 60% level of internal development and succession of viable talent to support growth in Retail.
- Work with Corporate PR to identify and optimize key events and brand presence in the market place and among influencer groups such as celebrity, philanthropy and top spend customers.
- Partner with Corporate Human Resources to develop vibrant and success-oriented performance culture in stores.
- Work with Corporate Marketing and Visual Merchandising to communicate all key elements of the brand message to stores.
- Partner with Corporate Finance to identify key elements important to exceeding store sales and operating profit goals.
- Work closely with corporate buying, merchandising and planning teams to drive effective selling and optimized margins across all customer-facing formats.
- A minimum of 10 + years of experience with increasing responsibilities at the Store Manager level and above
- BA degree preferred
- Experience leading customer-facing businesses with an aggregate sales volume of 60 millionUSD+
- Experience as a multi-unit manager leading 20 or more distinct stores or operations
- Experience in a service-oriented customer-facing business
- Experience in improving sales and operating profit in a business with a range of product offerings
- Clear understanding of sales, productivity and cost levers in driving comparable unit and expansion growth.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.