- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an innovative, up and coming company that is bringing to market a specialty Fitness Product (“FP”) that will primarily be sold through infomercials, shopping channels and online. They are seeking a Head of Marketing who will be responsible for launching the product and creating and implementing the marketing strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and self-starting individual who is looking for their next challenge. As the company is in its launch phase, great long-term growth opportunity exists for the successful candidate.
- Develop the brands overall marketing strategy
- Understand and provide input into the business plan for the Fitness Product and execute a branding strategy and communications plan that meets the aspirations of the company
- Develop and implement marketing plans for each distribution channel (eg infomercial, shopping channel, online, gymnasiums and other)
- Manage all marketing elements (online, collateral, copy, etc.), customer service, packaging, training, offer strategy and product offerings
- Work with the creative agency to develop all infomercial programs, shopping channel or website creative elements (outside of show production)
- Partner with infomercial partner to provide brand insight, protect brand equity and manage marketing approval process
- Provide regular reporting on channel performance and sales growth
- Celebrity Partnerships: Seek potential celebrity partnerships for the FP and execute the association through multiple delivery points to the consumer. Structure partnerships with celebrity to incentivize the celebrity and ensure the growth of brand
- Create strategic partnerships and alliances with like-minded brands and potential points of distribution to enhance brand value and to further communicate brand promise. In addition, create co-branding marketing campaigns
- Responsible for oversight of implementation of e-commerce website and develop a specific digital strategy, content plan, and marketing distribution program
- Marketing experience in the beauty, lifestyle or consumer industries is required.
- Successful track record of launching products including total brand development through to implementation of marketing and continual brand management (ie full life cycle)
- Expert at understanding brand marketing concepts and how they apply to infomercial type products, especially in the fitness industry
- Infomercial, QVC or HSN experience is essential with a preference (though not essential) for prior experience in the fitness industry
- Great work ethic, with a strong efficiency orientation: Must be organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work either independently or in a small organization with a start-up mentality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys truly “owning” products as if his/her money was being invested
- A flexible entrepreneurial spirit, thriving on change, speed, and problem solving will be successful in this role.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.