- Job Information
Our client is a footwear brand headquartered in Montreal, Canada. It is known for designing, manufacturing and marketing value performance outdoor footwear for men, women and kids. Due to their thriving business, they are actively seeking a Head of Marketing to lead all strategic marketing initiatives for the brand. Reporting directly to the President of the company, the Head of Marketing will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing innovative marketing strategies that build the company’s brands and drive profitable sales growth. The ideal candidate will possess solid strategic and financial acumen as well as exceptional communication and leadership skills with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across multiple channels. The company has a collaborative work environment and the Head of Marketing will work closely with sales and product development. Travel would be required to visit the major retailers as well as the trade shows in Europe and the US.
- Responsible for operational business segments including marketing, sales, customer service and product development
- Responsible for the development of an actionable and measurable value creation strategy based on customer needs, segmented value proposition and marketing mix
- Responsible for the management of the product commercialization process, the communication of insights to team members and the alignment of the organization around the brand and marketing objectives. (branded and unbranded product direction, resource allocations, line planning, pricing, positioning, categories and development efforts for both new introductions as well as exiting SKU evolution)
- Articulate a compelling vision for both branded and unbranded product offerings based on a strong understanding of customers and consumers product, delivery and pricing needs
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to accurately define the needs of the target customer
- Understand competition, channel dynamics and consumer segmentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years experience in marketing management in a leadership role within the retail industry, ideally within the footwear category
- Strong understanding of the Lifestyle and Footwear Retail & Wholesale markets and of the Outdoor industry
- Good management experience with the ability to make decisions and bring new ideas to the table.
- Strong track record in developing and implementing successful marketing, branding and sales strategies
- Strong knowledge of the footwear market and/or the life style/outdoor industry
- Strong leadership and team building skills in sales, marketing and product management
- Proven success in managing budgets effectively across multiple departments and establishing effective metrics and business processes
- Proven experience in project management with excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills as well as tactical problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, enthusiastic and a self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced global environment
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.