- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an American fashion company headquartered in New York with a portfolio of apparel and footwear brands. It is currently seeking a senior marketing candidate to lead marketing initiatives. Operating similar to an in-house advertising agency, their team manages all creative, PR, marketing, media planning and buying, and digital/social media functions for each of their brands. The successful candidate needs to have extensive marketing experience on fashion, apparel or youth related brands.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing initiatives across all brands within the company portfolio in accordance with the business plan
- Provide overall leadership and direction in developing and implementing the company’s long term strategic goals
- Lead and perform business forecasting, planning, budgeting and variance reporting, productivity analysis and overall P&L management.
- Possess and continually update knowledge of the consumer/potential consumer for brands in the portfolio both present and future
- Develop and executive new marketing campaigns for new brands, acquisition targets and direct to retail opportunities
- Drive communication and alignment among all marketing vehicles and tools to develop integrated plans and set the teams up for successful execution
- Provide market research on all brands to assist in crafting solutions and/or presentations
- Present brands in the portfolio to retailers, perspective licensees and talent for possible partnerships with brands in the portfolio in accordance with the Business Plan.
- Create brand presentations for Licensee presentations, DTR presentations, Board presentations and Investor presentations.
- Regularly survey and shop the competition to keep abreast of marketing communications, customer contact and key product/service developments.
- Participate in key corporate strategic planning and initiatives with other senior management executives.
- Spend marketing dollars for research, advertising, media, etc. to meet the objectives outlined in the Business Plan
- Approve or deny marketing, publicity, advertising or POS materials from licensees in accordance with legal obligations and the Business Plan
- Develop packaging and branding guidelines for all brands
- Remain consistently on the pulse of consumer trends, attitudes and behaviors in existing and new markets to create an emotional connection with the consumer by enhancing how brands in the portfolio communicate with their perspective target customers
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in a senior marketing role managing a fashion, sports or youth focused brand.
- Must be comfortable crafting well-structured, solid strategic marketing plans with fragmented qualitative and quantitative information
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Highly organized, flexible and have a proven multi-tasking ability
- Proven success in collaborating with cross-functional teams with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and pivot quickly based on business priorities.
- Working knowledge of digital space and cross-channel activation strategies and techniques
- Team player with the ability to effectively manage a team, navigate an organization, influence partners, build consensus and work across various functional departments
- Diplomatic and solutions-focused approach to challenges
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.