- Santa Barbara
- Job Information
We are currently working on a Head of Global Public Relations role for a leading fashion brand. This role will be based out of the West Coast location, where the company is headquartered. This is a key hire for the company as this person will play a vital leadership role in shaping and protecting the reputation of the brand across global regions and channels. As a key member of the brands global Marketing leadership team, this role partners closely with internal marketing counterparts, cross-functional leaders, and external agencies to ensure a cohesive message that drives brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty with new and existing customers. This is achieved by developing and overseeing the roll out of a global PR strategy, partnering with regional PR teams to tailor this strategy across regions, and building goodwill among the trade, consumer and emerging media communities. Initiative scope includes integrated strategic media relations, social platforms, publicity, communications (both external and internal), and corporate and trade events. He or she will be responsible for building Global Brand PR capability across the globe with our subsidiary partners and agencies in APAC and EMEA, engaging in continuous learning, guiding and sharing of global best practices. He or she should be both strategic and forward thinking in their approach.
- Collaborates with Global Brand Marketing team to ensure alignment of PR strategy with brand marketing objectives, ensuring a cohesive and integrated brand experience
- Partners with the brands leadership team to align PR initiatives against brand and product strategies
- Leads the creation and implementation of an integrated and globally relevant PR strategy that elevates the brand
- Aligns strategy and initiatives to support immediate and long-term objectives across the omni-channel business
- Partners with regions to identify regional insights to inform global PR campaigns and local PR programs
- Ensures PR strategies are brand-right, consumer-focused, globally and commercially relevant, innovative and effective in driving brand awareness, engagement and loyalty with targeted media and consumers
- Strategy Implementation
- Works closely with regional PR leaders to cascade global PR strategy to regions and customize messaging, where applicable, by country, while collaborating on and/or driving agency engagement, measurement and strategic course corrections.
- Partners with omni-channel marketing/PR counterparts to translate brand PR initiatives across channels to drive customer traffic, build brand awareness and deliver a seamless brand experience for the consumer.
- Manages communications and/or PR agency partners across the regions to maximize investment, protect singular global strategy and address country-specific challenges and objectives
- Counsels and prepares brand executives for media appearances or interviews; supports Corporation in preparing communications, quarterly earnings reports, etc.
- Determines appropriate metrics to monitor ongoing effectiveness of PR initiatives; Measure and report on ROI, and course correct as needed based on effectiveness of PR strategies
- Works closely and cross functionally with global business counterparts, including brand leadership team, marketing counterparts, omni-channel marketing teams, and investor relations, to proactively assess global business performance issues and develop PR solutions to address
- Partners with omni-channel team to develop brand-relevant traffic driving initiatives and provides recommendations for future programs
- Analyzes data from key channels and markets to determine PR opportunities to help drive business
- Builds and supports a collaborative and innovative culture for direct reports and peers by promoting best practices, global consistency and project prioritization
- Trains, oversees and builds PR and communications teams across regions; manages to established expectations
- Attracts talent and selects high-caliber candidates, both internally and from outside the company.
- Trains and develops the team, making appropriate organizational structure recommendations based on business needs and individual talents
- Provides feedback to team members that fosters skill development and performance improvement
- Recognizes and rewards behaviors and performance that aligns and supports the division’s and company’s initiatives
- Creates and manages the annual PR budget
- Works with cross-functional partners to maximize PR dollars and to ensure that planned initiatives deliver the expected ROI
- Leads short-term and long-term investment strategies to drive brand and consumer awareness, and business performance
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years related PR experience, including 5+ years of experience managing a team of 3+ direct reports
- Experience in a senior leadership role, preferably within a public company, driving the global PR function for a multi-channel business
- Footwear industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience effectively driving strategic PR initiatives and results across a matrix organization with multiple regions; demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams that span multiple regions, including Asia, Europe and the Americas,
- Experience establishing and working with processes and organizational structures within multinational organizations
- Experience developing strategy at the global level, and implementing ROI metrics to monitor success
- Crisis management and investor relations experience is required
- Agency selection and management experience
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.