- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading technology incubation studio and we helping them identify NYC’s most talented technologists and designers to join their studio. They are building a creative and talented engineering team and are in need of a strong technical leader and are therefore looking for a Head of Engineering for one of their products.
Our ideal candidate is as creative as they are process-driven, and knows how to get the best out of a strong team. The team is not tied to any specific technologies, but is currently using Cocos2D, PHP, MySQL, Apportable SDK (for Android), with an API scaled on multiple Amazon EC2 machines.
- Provide strategic direction of technical, architectural and design efforts
- Build and organize growing team with technical disciplines
- Manage delivery of multiple and concurrent product releases
- Build, maintain, and evangelize technology best practices across organization
- Create dev operations infrastructure and process to support rapid growth
- Deep understanding of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Work with product team to build a strong quality assurance practice that includes manual and automated testing
- Personally own a specific technical function as an active developer (iOS, infrastructure, or API)
- 3 years of technical management and development experience
- Desire and passion for pushing the bounds of latest technologies
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and values
- Experience building scalable solutions for handling high volume traffic
- Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Deep subject matter expertise of a specific technical function (infrastructure, backend development, frontend web or mobile development, etc)
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.