- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an online marketplace that connects American manufacturers and product based businesses. Their aim is to make the manufacturing process simple to understand and easy to access for large corporations and first time designers alike. The firm is growing quickly and is backed by Comcast Ventures, Index Ventures, Alexis Ohanian as well as other prominent investors.As the Head of Engineering, you will be a key member of the Executive Team, and will lead and scale the Engineering Team while architecting a technical roadmap. You will help guide the performance and reliability of our client’s software and infrastructure, and will work closely with different divisions of the company to take ideas from whiteboard to launch and support business development and company growth.
- Lead, manage and grow software development team
- Support the business development and fundraising activities
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend measurement and data technology platforms for delivering the company’s vision
- Architecting a technical roadmap that is in line with the product roadmap
- Development and execution of an information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers
- Development for every aspect of MakersRow.com including the client-side, server-side using object-oriented PHP5, and DevOps tools.
- Analyze and optimize the codebase and database structures of our existing application
- 10+ years of engineering management and leadership experience
- Proven track record of architecting scalable cloud infrastructure for fast-growing Marketplace & SaaS models
- Solid understanding of software engineering development and best practices
- Excellent team player with an emphasis on team collaboration
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.