- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a premier luxury jeweler known for bringing great attention to detail and working with unique artisans abroad to create the exclusive jewelry. The company has had unprecedented growth in the past few years and is looking to hire a Director of Merchandising based in New York City. The Director of Merchandising should be an energetic, enterprising and experienced leader. He or she will collaborate on seasonal direction and create compelling product assortments meeting all calendar timelines to achieve overall company strategies and financial goals.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of inventory and sales levels by consumer purchase patterns, seasonal trends and market changes.
- Set annual “buy” plans in conjunction with President and Director of Finance to drive business strategies.
- Execute and advise on product assortment across all business units to channels, as well as identifing areas for growth
- Rigorous weekly product and sales analysis to develop and support merchandising strategies and sku efficiencies
- Play a key role in new product development, assortment architecture and merchandise strategies.
- Communicate and interface regularly with product development, finance, design and sales teams in Chicago and New York City
- Responsible for improving product forecasting, planning, re-assortment and replenishment to ensure relevant wholesale and retail assortments
- Maintain and keep an up to date knowledge on jewelry industry trends, seasonal shifts and competitive market
- 10+ years of merchandising experience is required in the luxury or fine jewelry industries
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven ability to analyze market trends with a strong eye for product merchandising
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to be creative and problem solve.
- Proven ability to multi task and happy to work in a small but growing company
- Comfortable with large data sets and razor sharp left brain analytics.
- Proficient in excel and merchandising systems.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.