- Job Information
Our client is an established international wholesaler of high end rugs and textiles. They are looking to hire a Director of International Sales and Business Development to oversee and develop their new partnership with a major luxury fashion brand. He or she will be responsible for establishing and growing this relationship with top home furnishing retailers in the US, as well as expanding the brand internationally. The Director of International Sales and Business Development will be responsible for defining sales goals, identifying business opportunities, and building key customer relationships with existing and new clients. This position will be based out of their corporate office in Atlanta.
- Work with internal sales team as well as independent reps to create sales opportunities for the two brands
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within organizations
- Attend industry functions including association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Leverage customer insight data and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new products and distribution channels
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Represent brand at market/tradeshows by providing support and promoting products
- Hire and manage international sales team by providing leadership to meet sales goals and increase market share
- A minimum of eight years of sales experience in the home furnishings, design or consumer goods categories is required
- International experience is preferred but is not essential
- Strong working knowledge of international logistics and sales approaches is required
- Demonstrated business skills in forecasting, budgeting, training, hiring, presentations and selling.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is needed
- Demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, lead, manage, coach, and motivate a high-performing, diverse sales team is required
- A solid track record in achieving and exceeding sales plans is essential
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- A persuasive, outgoing, self-motivated and goal orientated personality will succeed in this role and environment
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.