- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading makeup brand who is looking to hire a Director of Digital and Ecommerce. He or she will oversee the planning, scheduling and deployment of all ecommerce and branded digital marketing programs and will work with internal and external teams to oversee the seamless integration of the brands digital marketing efforts across all online channels including ecommerce and social media.
- Lead the development and execution of digital marketing and advertising plans across multiple channels (affiliate, search, email, social, mobile, etc) and develop an understanding of consumer segmentation that reflects the broader brand positioning, voice and strategy.
- Manage ideation, creation and execution of product launch and promotional calendar planning.
- Create consumer-focused strategies across all channels and ensure critical trend and market research is conducted to support the development of core initiatives.
- Coordinate with external and internal teams to create and maintain analytics strategy for traffic-generating channels (display, email, social, search, etc) to ensure accurate measurement of ROI
- Identify and execute new marketing initiatives including blogs, contests, social networking and loyalty programs to drive site goals.
- Responsible for forecasting and meeting volume, awareness and revenue goals.
- Work with stakeholders to understand functional, technical, creative, and content requirements of projects to implement project plans that identify key milestones, dependencies, and resources.
- Ensure the delivery of digital marketing assets on strategy, on time and on budget and be responsible for ongoing site optimizations.
- Manage the evolution of the brand’s technology needs and digital marketing capabilities.
- Analyze behavior and performance of features and functionality and incorporate findings into new programs or updates to existing.
- Manage all aspects of online marketing including, but not limited to affiliate marketing networks, paid search, search engine optimization, comparison search engines, remarketing campaigns, online media buys and ad exchanges.
- Provide periodic reporting, analysis and recommendations based on perceived successes and opportunities.
- Prepare statistical information on customer behavior patterns on the client’s website and advise on any necessary changes that are aligned with business initiatives.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, IT, Operations, Customer Service, and other internal departments, to implement new tracking and reporting specific to their needs.
- Develop an ongoing overall consumer engagement strategy.
- Direct the development of key strategic focused programs across a multi-channel platform that reinforces brand positioning.
- Ensure brand appropriate content digitally and that marketing programs are executed which support consumer engagement to drive online growth.
- Guide the business analysis and measurement of all consumer engagement programs to drive continuous improvement and positive ROI from all aspects of the consumer engagement mix.
- Identify consumer outreach programs and work internally with Sales to support cross-channel and cross-brand business opportunities.
- Develop and motivate direct reports, conduct yearly assessments and recommend development opportunities as needed.
- Direct reports include a Manager of Ecommerce, Manager of Customer Service, Coordinator of Social Media as well as a part-time web developer and various agencies and design freelancers
- A minimum of eight years’ experience, preferably for a branded e-commerce website in the beauty or luxury industries.
- Strong capabilities in data analytics and customer metrics measurement skills with a keen understanding of the digital marketing arena
- Innovative thinker with creative resolution skills.
- An excellent leader and negotiator with perceptive listening skills.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills are required.
- Proficient user of Analytics platforms (ie: Google Analytics) and Content Management Systems (ie: Magento).
- Advanced knowledge of ecommerce best practices and understanding of development processes.
- Advanced understanding of ecommerce backend systems and operations.
- Working knowledge of web platforms, technologies and development lifecycle.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.