- New York
- Job Information
Our client is a well-known consumer online business and is looking to hire a Director of Design. The ideal candidate will oversee all of the visual creative efforts including the digital product and user experience of that journey, and the branding, marketing and advertising materials. Reporting directly into the Director of Product, this is a great opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial in nature and has a strong business acumen and the ability to influence the creative problem solving and decisions made.
- Lead design efforts for all marketing assets and collateral, both online and offlineManage all aspects of product UI and identify opportunities to create and improve the product and create better features and experiences
- Oversee a team of product and graphic designers whilst being hands-on in all UX/UI, branding, advertising and product design efforts.
- Design intuitive user interfaces for various digital applications and for a range of different platforms and their specific guidelines while maintaining a consistent style
- Liaise appropriately with product designers to ensure marketing and product design elements are coordinated
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in visual design, branding and digital/UI product including 1-2 years of management of other creative professionals at an agency, brand or startup
- Solid visual design background in digital product or content heavy interfaces that require strong user interface and experience design skills
- Must have demonstrated strong interaction design skills in designing web/mobile interfaces and have a solid understanding of user centered design principles
- Understanding of all aspects of design theory, layout, color and typography
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Organized, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.